Friday, March 16, 2007

Gotcha Day!




Today we met our Jaci and she is absolutely precious. We met at the Civil Affairs Office in dowtown Guangzhou which has about 9 million people...the bus ride was very interesting to say the least. When we got into the building, we saw the Leizhou babies first. Jaci is from the Yangjiang SWI (orphanage) and they had not yet arrived. We took pictures for the Leizhou group who received their daughters first. All babies were adorable. Of course, by this time my stomach was in knots and the anticipation was about to do me in. XiXi, our guide, announced that the Yangjiang babies were here and to get ready. Almost immediately, they called Yang Li Hai (our beautiful daughter) and with help she walked to me. She smiled and stared at me with her big brown eyes...it was amazing!

She is definately very animated and social. She laughed and imitated kissing sounds back to me. It was love at first sight!! She ate pears & a bottle with formula and rice and we have already changed a poopy diaper. Right now, she is sitting in her daddy's lap and is waving to me (and yawning...which is way cute!)

What a wonderful day...I cannot wait for everyone to meet Jaci! Loves & Hugs & Kisses...










6 comments:

Shawna Dobbs said...

Serena and I had to check for pictures first thing this morning. She is beautiful! Serena saw her and said "pretty baby". I hope the first night goes smoothly. I can't wait to read more. I forgot to warn you about the hair thing-my curling iron did not work the entire trip we were there and someone else had straightening trauma. You all look look happy and rested! Congratulations! We are thrilled for you all.
Shawna, Coley, Serena, and Keeg

Becky C said...

She is amazing. What a beautiful daughter. Congratulations!!

Rach said...

How amazing and wonderful!!! We are so excited for you both; now you are a complete family. Keep us posted! Kaitlyn and Paige can't wait to see and play with Jaci. Enjoy your time. We love you all!
Rach

Debbie said...

Yeah - what a sweetie. Can't wait to see you all together.
Debbie

Logan said...

Aw she's so cute, Erin. I hope you're enjoying your first days together and Kenzie and I can't wait to meet her.

Logan

BStone said...

Hey, ya'll look so.....good together!!!Looking forward to meeting our new niece Jaci. God is so good!!!
Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3
Love, Uncle Rick and Auntie Barbara