Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday

It has been a pretty lazy Saturday...the weather was cold & rainy so we didn't do too much outside. I wish I had listened to my very wise mother and brought a jacket...you know what they say...Moms are always right!!

Jaci continues to be a sweetie. We keep knocking on wood because she has not cried one time...the only close call was when I was using the sucker to try to clear her nose. She does not like that at all. Her list of things she does like is much longer: she loves baths, imitating her daddy's faces, running around trying to pull things off cabinets (yes...she is very active!), laughing, and her bottle. I think the last is her absolute favorite...she loves to eat but does not really like solid food yet. She will put it in her mouth but will not chew it yet. She has a cough and drainage so we are trying to get that cleared up. Even though she does not feel 100% she is still very cheerful and sweet.

Our only real activity of the day was going to a super center. I did not think this was possible but Guangzhou (population 9 million) DOES NOT have a Wal-Mart so we went to a French store that is basically the same thing. To get an idea of how crazy busy it was, picture Wal-Mart on the day after Thanksgiving and multiply it by about 10. There were people everywhere. We did get alot of stares and many people walked up to our group to ooh and ahh over the girls. All of the babies are super adorable and very sweet.

I do want to prepare everyone...she loves to play and is very, very active. She is definately going to keep us on our toes!!

7 comments:

Shawna Dobbs said...

Jaci and Serena should get along well! Glad all is going well. Enjoy this time getting to know each other.
Shawna

Rach said...

I bet you were miserable in the store- you hate to be around crowds! You all enjoy getting to know each other.
Loves,
Rach

Debbie said...

A French Wal Mart - too funny - so Keith, did they have Dr Pepper? Ha - probably not. Have fun bonding with little Jaci - never mind the fact that one sub just canceled for Monday and one for Tuesday, aargh .......other than that all is well!!! Enjoy yourselves. Erin - you sure look happy!
Debbie

Rach said...

Meme wanted me to let you know she is reading the blog/pictures everyday. She is having trouble registering so she can make comments. I gave her some tips!
Loves!

BeBe said...

Oh she is so precious. I am so happy for you. MeMe is sitting on pins and needles, you know how patient is anyway. Take care and give Jaci a hug and kiss from Bebe and I'll go show MeMe how to work this thing (ha ha) you know we're getting old....

kitchu said...

I just found your site- congrats on everything and on becoming a family! Your daughter is beautiful, and her name (adorable) really suits her!

Jessica said...

Today is the first time I've seen your blog. I am in love - She's Beautiful and you two look beautiful holding her :)I am SO anxious for your return! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Jess Baker